IEEE Internet Of Things (IoT)
IEEE Internet Of Things (IoT)
IoT Project List / Internet of things Project list
The number of things connected to the Internet and it is rapidly growing at the rate of 30 percent from this year to next, for a total of 4.9 billion, according to a new report from market research firm Gartner, and will hit 25 billion by 2020. Along with the growth in the number of devices, Gartner predicts an increase in total spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) to raise from $69.5 billion next year to $263 billion in 2020.
The Internet of Things, can be a individual with a heart monitor for fitness care, implant, a farm animal with a biochip transponder to access the required data, a car that has built-in IOT sensors to alert the driver when tire pressure is low -- or any other natural or man-made object that can be assigned an IP address and provided with the ability to transfer data over a network. The Internet of Things is also a machine-to-machine (M2M) communication in manufacturing industries and power plants, oil and gas plants, etc. Multiple IOT applications based on Internet of thing are growing exponentially day by day.
The future of IOT starting from smart homes to connect cars to smart health care, consumers and vendors are gearing up for the next big thing, five companies that dominate the consumer IOT market are Google,Microsoft,Samsung,Amazon,Apple.Every learner or student can think of developing many IOT projects in the similar applications area where they gain knowledge in using IOT sensors,IOT platforms for back end application development,IOT hardware like Raspberry pi IOT,Arduino IOT,Particle IOT kit,ESP 8266,IOT Intel-edison,Arduino shields.
It is a wonderful opportunity for budding engineers and entrepreneurs to explore emerging devices and technologies (involving smart sensing, pervasive connectivity, virtual interfaces and ubiquitous computing), and their potential applications in consumer, retail, healthcare and industrial automation, smart city applications, wearable’s .there are multiple IOT project ides for students of CSE,ECE,EEE engineering students can be implemented. We also help Mtech students to complete their research by providing guidance on IEEE IOT Mtech projects .
We also offer project based training on Internet of things, which help you build your careers in the similar domain. Please visit www.Interngurukul for your training needs.
Please follow the link for List of IOT based projects and it is called as IOT embedded projects.
1.IOT ieee projects.
2.IOT Projects for ece.
3.IOT projects for CSE.
4.IOT projects for beginners.
5.IOT Mtech projects IEEE based.
6.Simple IOT projects.
7.Internet of things applications in Agriculture.
8.Internet of things applications in Automotive.
9.Internet of things applications in Energy Management .
IOT IEEE PROJECTS
What is iot internt of things?
Most of us think about being connected in terms of computers, tablets and smartphones. IoT internet of things describes a world where just about anything can be connected and communicated in an intelligent fashion. In other words, with the Internet of Things, the physical world is becoming one big information system. The Internet of Things is a difficult concept to define precisely however the first version of the Internet was about data created by people, while the next version is about data created by things. The future of IOT starts from smart homes to connect cars to smart health care, consumers and vendors are gearing up for the next big thing, five companies that dominate the consumer IOT market are Google,Microsoft,Samsung,Amazon,Apple.
Internet of Things Market and M2M Communication by Technologies, Platforms and Services (RFID, Sensor Nodes, Gateways, Cloud Management, NFC, ZigBee, SCADA, Software Platform, System Integrators), by M2M Connections and by IoT Components - Global Forecasts to 2019. Internet of things projects using Raspberry Pi,ARM7,Arm cortex you can build awesome projects using the latest technologies. All these latest internet of things projects(IOT projects) is good for presenting for BE,Mtech,ECE,EEE,CSE academic project requirements.
Top 20 Connected IOT Projects for ECE,CSE 2018 that can transform our experience in the tech world.
IoT Devices are increasingly smarter and more intelligent to fulfill the challenges of the day to day requirement.
Consumer products like home automation, wearable devices for athletics, factory automation, smart city applications, and health care products are the need of the hour. This year products with voice integration are becoming popular, and IOT products announced support for AMAZON and Google assistant and companies are adding AI features into their smart devices, as these devices eventually will learn the various patterns to perform various tasks on their own.
Projects that is applicable for the internet of things final year project .
- Intelligent bicycle with IOT .
This bike will have multiple features like GPS navigation,geolocation,anti-theft features,fully automated smart head lights with light and dark sensors for auto on/off,Android app for settings and controls.
- IOT lamp for elderly assistance.
This lamp shall have motion detectors to help the elders who get up in the middle of the night, auto on off of light, auto notification features are added in case of fall and more frequent visits to the bathroom. This device is very useful for care takers to monitor the elders.
- IOT Voice based Smart Ceiling Fan Switch.
The intelligent switch functions with voice commands on Amazon Alexa,Google assistant,this Wi-fi enabled fan controller allows the user to adjust fan’s speed and light with voice commands.This project is very useful for patients with least movements,eldery persons for easy operation.
- IOT Remote bell.
This is a smart remote bell that allows the user to answer their doors; this is having features like they can answer even if they are not home,it has built in motion sensor that detects the movement,it streams live video to user’s phones.Using the android app, we can communicate 2 way of answering the doors.
- IOT based Smart lock.
Very use the full device, by using a smartphone they can pair via Bluetooth for locking and unlocking their doors.safe access can be achieved with password/finger print. This device can be integrated with home automation solutions.
- IOT Smart Mirror.
The smart mirror is a concept to help the consumers to take advantage of their available time in updating themselves about the traffic,weather,current news,they even can shop,thatmeans that while you are on make up.IOT smart mirror is embedded with ALEXA to receive the voice commands to perform the tasks.
Internet of things applications in agriculture
Due to population growth and demand for resources are growing rapidly, water shortage is a major threat to agriculture.
Growing Population and limited resources put pressure on farmers to produce more with less. Farmers must contend with increasing water shortages, limited land availability, and unstable costs,this project enables innovative smart farming solutions to help farmers overcome these challenges. These agriculture IoT projects allow farmers to leverage sensors, smart gateways, and monitoring systems to collect and analyze information and make more informed decisions on Crop and livestock marketing.
- Develop a data-driven approach to farming
As the world’s population increases, there is a greater demand for food and a surge in development. With a decrease in the amount of land available for farm use and an ever-growing concern about water resources, farmers need to be smart about their crop and livestock management if they want to reduce waste and cut overall costs. The Internet of Things (IoT) is making it possible for farmers/growers to optimize their crop yields and promote livestock health through remote monitoring and data-driven decision making.
- Support livestock health through real-time monitoring.
With the support of IOT technology, we can design a solution for monitoring the health of the live stock,which is a major concern for farmers as they lose a large amount of profit due to animal illness. Connected sensors in the animals wearable’s collect the data like heartrate,blood pressure,temperature,digestion, etc.,data streamed to the cloud helps the farmers to analyze and take a precautionary measure to control certain diseases.
IOT solutions are very helpful for the farmers to track the animal location and also monitor the reproductive cycles for safe and successful outcomes.
- IOT based smarter water management.
While there are many factors that impact the health and quality of the harvest, water is perhaps one of the most vibrant. Irrigation management plays an important role in ensuring that crops are getting the right amount of water at the right time. The Internet of Things (IoT) is making it easier for planters to monitor and control water resources to meet demand while also reducing waste and cutting operational costs.
- Control water resources to meet the demand.
- Using IOT technology we can effectively control water wastage and plan the water requirement for the crops and collect the real time water usage data through remote sensing which further helps to make smarter decisions.
- Trigger actions based on sensor data to switch water on and off, depending on irrigation needs and level of resources.
- Use insights gathered from data to prevent misuse and underutilization of water resources.
- Quickly detect leaks and faults in pipelines to address issues immediately and reduce water waste.
- Enhance the efficiency of your crop yields.
- Smart irrigation helps growers improve the efficiency and consistency of their yield by enabling smarter water management:
- Stay on top of changing conditions across agricultural environments by tracking temperature, rainfall, humidity, and wind with smart sensors.
- Remotely measure and monitor water moisture levels in the soil to ensure that crops are getting optimal water resources.
- Automatically trigger sprinkler systems to address low moisture levels in the soil to prevent crop damage or loss.
- Capture valuable data to indicate trends and make forecasts based on a variety of conditions to meet crop demands.
- Control water resources to meet the demand.
IoT Applications for Automotive & Transport.
- Fleet management services.
Fleet management, you can get real-time data about vehicle operation to:
- Optimize routes and increase productivity.
- Regulate fuel costs.
- Lower operational expenses.
- Improve driver safety.
- Increase fleet security.
- Remotely diagnose maintenance requirements.
- Improve the customer experience
Rental car organizations use vehicle telematics to provide good customer service and emergency services. Insurance companies can use data to analyze to check the driving patterns, monitor safe driving and plan the car insurance premiums based on the good driving behavior. car companies use the telematics data for remote diagnostics, remote monitoring, safety services which help to provide better customer service and build a good relationship with customers.
IoT projects/solutions for smarter energy consumption and management.
- Smart metering IOT solutions.
- Increase energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
- Smart metering is one of the key features in the smart grid that helps to reduce energy consumption and environmental issues.by collecting and uploading the real time data of energy usage which will help the service providers to optimize energy distribution while also facilitates the consumers to smarter decisions about the energy usage.with robost IOT solution, we can improve the better customer service.
- With smart metering solutions, consumers and the distribution company will have access to rich,real time data which enables both customers and vendors to provide better service by reducing the cost
- Manage manual operations remotely to improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Use real-time data to effectively balance electric loads and reduce power outages.
- Streamline energy distribution through more accurate forecasting.
- Enable dynamic pricing by raising or lowering costs based on real-time demand.
- Help consumers make better decisions about the usage of energy and to smarter decisions about the usage by using the IOT technology.timely.
- Feedback can be provided to all the consumers about the energy consumption using the real time data that improves the transparency on monthly energy bills.
- IOT based Smart grid solutions.
- IOT based Smart grid solutions will help to meet growing demands for electricity across the world:
- Key benefits include Optimized generation and distribution which helps suppliers to serve larger customers base.
- Integration of renewable energy sources and flexible distribution systems, suppliers can optimize system operations and increase efficiency.
- It lowering operational and maintenance costs, smart grid systems enable suppliers to pass cost savings onto the consumer, improve the user energy consumption and customer experience,
- Delivering electricity more efficiently and cost-effectively to consumers by providing better control over their consumption.
- IOT Smart manufacturing industry 4.0.
The Industrial Internet of Things is transforming manufacturing. With this concept, we can achieve complete functioning visibility to allow for real-time decision making and improved levels of quality and efficiency as well as new service prospects.
- Enhance asset availability and performance.
In the factory environment equipment or machine, downtime can be costly; consumers demand higher levels of machine reliability and performance. For manufacturers (OEMs), recurring equipment failure can also signal design flaws and potential safety issues. Industry 4.0 using IOT technology Predictive maintenance is changing the way that manufacturers provide field service by allowing them to use real-time device data and analytics to assess machine health and plan the corrective action.
A large amount of money can be saved by preventing unplanned downtime by adding sensors to machines/ equipment to monitor the health where some of the down time parameters can be predicted for servicing,Manufacurers can analyze the data and precautionary measures for keeping the uptime or any malfunctions of machines
Maximize the equipment uptime and schedule the maintenance by predictions using the data of the machine.Thus resource management would become easier by sending the technicians with the right kind of spares for repair.
Enhance the product quality and reliability to enhance customer satisfaction.
- IOT Supply chain management.
Effective supply chain management is one of the critical areas to manage some sensitive goods which needed end-to-end visibility of raw materials and finished goods at all stages of production and delivery. The Internet of Things (IoT) solutions will provide an accurate solution for the producers to optimize production and safeguard delivery to increase efficiency and enhance customer service.
IT will help to take quick decisions based on the demands of the market and environmental conditions,planning the warehouse spaces
Monitor the health of raw materials and goods in transit and the securely acesss the inventory which helps to plan demand and supply.
Cold chains management using IOT helps to maintain perishable shipments to meet the customer requirement and industry regulations.
- Enhance asset availability and performance.
IOT for Smart building management.
To Improve building efficiency with IoT,It is necessary to adopt latest technologies for to improve the efficiency in managing the infrastructure,which helps to reduce the operating cost,improve the occupancy services,maintenance of the building. IOT solutions are very affordable, and it will make it easier to monitor from remote locations.
- IoT Applications for Smart Buildings.
- Make surveillance simple.
- IOT based solution will help the building owners to manage and control surveillance devices remotely and make decisions for the best course of action
- Collect and analyze data to make important improvements to security processes and systems.
- Prevent loss of critical assets
- Overall visibility over who enters and leaves a facility in real-time.
- Consistently and securely monitor facility conditions from any location with Wi-Fi access.
- Important security alerts will be sent right to their mobile phone.
IOT smart surveillance and security.
- IOT facility management solutions.
Industrial IoT use cases that will transform the world in the future.
IOT Predictive maintenance for Industrial machines.
Maintenance of industry machines is a big challenge and keeping the machines running will help the industry reach their production targets, and in turn, they increase their profits.with the use of IOT sensors,cameras and data generated by the sensors supervisors can determine the functionality of the machines and take necessary action for predictive maintenance.IOT enabled systems are programmed to raise the alarm and by using the data they can generate maintenance timelines before the problems occur.
Major advantages of IOT based predictive maintenance.
- It saves the huge cost in machine maintenance,quick assessment of machine current condition.
- By streaming data from sensors and devices to quickly assess current status and recognize warning signs, deliver alerts and automatically trigger appropriate maintenance processes, IoT turns maintenance into a dynamic, rapid and automated task.
- This approach promises cost savings over routine or time-based preventive maintenance because tasks are performed only when they are needed. The key is to get the right information at the right time. This will allow managers to know which equipment needs maintenance; maintenance work can be better planned, and systems remain online while workers stay on task. Other potential advantages include increased equipment lifetime, increased plant safety and fewer accidents with negative environmental impact.
IOT mini projects for CSE students.
- IOT Voice controlled Home automation using Amazon Alexa
- IOT Temperature and Humidity Sensor Data to AWS - IoT
- IOT Web Controlled Home Automation
- IOT DIY Web Controlled Raspberry Pi Surveillance Robotic Car.
- IOT Weather Station: Monitoring Humidity, Temperature and Pressure over the Internet.
- IOT based RFID and Raspberry Pi-Based Attendance System.
- IOT Smart parking system .
- Air quality monitoring project.
- Home automation project.
- Industrial automation.
- IOT -Raspberry pi based cat feeder using IOT.
- Raspberry Pi based IOT gateway.
- Wireless video surveillance Robot to control via web.
- Garage door automation using motors and sensors.
- Home security system using facial recognition system using Camera and Rpi.
- Smart doorbell using AZURE and windows 10 IOT.